Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Prologue

August 2010,
Shinjuku, Tokyo

After spending the last day roaming around Tokyo's Metropolis. After a compulsary half day city tour of downtown tokyo, I had to rush and visit all the places I need to in a matter of hours (this is why I hate organized tours). In my itinerary, there's 3 more places I need to go to before coming home to Manila, who knows when will I go back to Japan. It's Harajuku, the fashion/cosplay district, Akihabara the ultimate toy and electronics shopping area and Shinjuku, the area around my hotel where the square enix museum is located.

As any Photographer/ Tourist/ Otaku making the most out of his final day in travel, I managed to visit them all in  a matter of hours. Blisters and dried blood from wounds in my feet appeared after I took out the chuck taylors. So there was it, the final day of touring; Freaked by Akiba's maid cafe promo girls, helped by train station attendants and stalked by african hustlers at harajuku. My credit card bill went up to 40,000 yen for the trip due to impulse figure buys at akihabara and shinjuku. The morning after, as we were preparing for the airport back in Manila, I picked up my DSLR to shoot a promotional standee of Kamen Rider Accel, only to discover that the LCD was busted.  I felt this was it. The "otaku" in me was tired I am thirsty for a breathe of new air.

So there was it. It was time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment