Saturday, February 5, 2011

Racing for Place

Photobucket

Jan 30, 2011

SM MOA Grounds


With a race experience under my belt , a couple of lessons were learned on the do's and donts when going on a race. While looking for some possible races online, I saw this one. Sure the singlet is kinda cluttered but seeing the race details, it doesn't look bad at all. First, it is to be held in the SM Mall of Asia which is a lot nearer than BHS (Plus it's the area where I usually train). Also, They are giving medals for the 1st 500 finishers of each category .Come to think of it, I haven't won any athletic achievement since my high school days with the tug of war. So, I went to the nearest Chris Sports Branch and registered.  

Race Day:

Luckily we got there at 4:30am with still plenty of time to stretch and relax. A Friend of mine, JR also joined the race with the 3k category.

Race Start
Knowing that gun time would be used, I immediately positioned near the staring area as soon as the 10k and 5k run went off. Knowing that most of the participants here are students, a lot of them seem to sprint their way from the start. There were around 300 who got past me in the 1st kilometer. by midway, there were around 50 left ahead of me. What is good in this race is that there were a lot of hydration stations. At least 1 per kilometer, a far cry from the bull run 2011.

So After the race, I got a new PR. 47th place out of 1,084 participants and my first medal in a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment