Monday, May 2, 2011

A Doctorate in Running

Photobucket

I was a bit apprehensive upon joining the 10k race at first since I had a basketball game the day before. But I still decided to jump for the 10k instead of 5k or 3k because this is good training and base building for my 2 upcoming runs in may (Greentennial Half Marathon and Run for Integrity)

So anyways, race time was delayed by 10 minutes, to give time for the late comers affected by the closed roads due to other simultaneous runs and gatherings. By Gunstart I was able to hold my pace by continuously running up to the 3rd km marker. By the time I reached blue wave fatigue is starting to wear in. Re-tying laces also didn't help.

By the way, Runrio's km markers may not be much in 3-5k races but they're a big psychological help on 10k and above  races. It really helps when to pace / conserve energy and when to give it all out.  The heat was also something,  first time I  consumed all 4 hydration bottles.

Towards the end of the race, It was quite surprising a lot of participants from the shorter distances were leisurely walking towards the end of the finish line. It was quite hard to bypass them. I hope next time they'll treat it as a run. I Sprinted towards the finish line and gladly made it.

pcpfrun 003

Post event had 2 long lines for Ice cream and photograph, good thing I left my camera in the car, no need for those long lines. Thanks to the sponsors for the medicine and some oatmeal cookies.

In the end, I clocked in at 1:06:21 56 second improvement for my 10k PR but still a lot of improvement needed. Since I got a free kit, I was known as "Unknown Athlete. Actually, that sounds kinda cool. I spent the rest of the day on rubbery legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment